Monday 11 March 2013

New Revlon Lip Butters for Spring/Summer 2013

L-R: Wild Watermelon, Sorbet, Juicy Papaya, Red Velvet

I can't believe its been a year since Lip Butters landed in the uk. You will normally find me sporting Pink Truffle or Berry Smoothie on a daily basis. So when i heard new permanent and limited edition shades were finally here I stalked the Boots website. There are currently retailing for £7.99 with Boots offering a buy-one-get-one-half-price. 

I picked up Red Velvet (new but permanent) and from their limited addition line i managed to nab Wild Watermelon, Sorbet and Juicy Papaya. I will however continue to hunt for Pink Lemonade and Sugar Plum.  

Firstly, I have to say that although the new shades seem very bright and vibrant, they are in fact much sheerer to swatch and to wear. I'm not normally a fan of brights but these are beautiful and fit nicely into an everyday look. I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to see how they like bright colours as they give much more of a tint rather than a full on opaque colour. 

L-R: Red Velvet, Sorbet, Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon
Red Velvet: 
This is a new but permanent colour. Having heard good reviews on this colour i knew i wanted it but wasn't sure how it'd suit me. Its a much darker vampy red-brown shade. I was delighted to find i did like this colour. I will be sporting this on my next night out! 

Sorbet: 
A brighter pink. I thought i'd be scared of this colour (i have to admit if there wasn't an offer on these i wouldn't have got it!) but i love its sheerness and cant wait to wear it! 

Juicy Papaya:
 I totally adore this colour. I've always been looking for a way to wear peachy summer colours and this is most definitely it! It didn't even seem like i'd applied anything on my lips but when i left my mirror and came back to it, i noticed i had the nicest suggestion of peach on my lips. Its certainly juicy and is the perfect intro for someone wanting to try a peach shade! 

Wild Watermelon: 
I think this is my favourite colour! Its a wearable yet bright pink-red shade. Its really surprised me, especially how excited i am to wear this in the day time! 

L-R: Wild Watermelon, Juicy Papaya, Sorbet, Red Velvet
What do you make of the Revlon Lip Butters? Are you as pleased with the new shades as I am? 
Becky xx

2 comments:

  1. Those colors look amazing!!!
    Maybe we can follow each other~
    http://lexiluthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo nice!!I am very impressed with your page

    http://salonspa7.com

    ReplyDelete