Monday 13 August 2012

All that glitters- a late discovery.

Fishing around in my make up drawer I randomly decided on a sweep of All That Glitters by MAC, a cult classic, across my lids. I'd had this in my collection for well over a year and never gave it much of a chance. I never really got why so many people had this as one of their favourites. Boy was i wrong about it! 

As you can see in the pan it looks like a general champagne lid colour. I'd always dismissed it in favour of my beloved Naked Lunch, also from Mac.


Even as a 'hand swatch' to me it doesn't come across as anything special..


But as a "finger swatch" there's something special about it that i never noticed. A shimmery copper hint...
(I recommend clicking on the photo to view it larger-you'll see the copper hint!)


Now i am not usually one to put coppers (or pinks for that matter) anywhere near my eyes but on an impulse i went for it and i'm pleased to say i'm in love! 

Eye make up: Mac Bare Study paint pot (base), MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow, NYX Super Skinny Eye Marker (top lashline), Maybellie Lash Stilleto Volumptuous Mascara and what's left of my Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion (waterline)

Now you have to excuse my late night photography- the eyes are most certainly not in tip-top shape by this point- but i hope you can see how lovely it is! 

It's a truly lovely quick-and-easy lid that i will definitely be sporting once back at uni. I have hooded eyes so crease colours fade quickly and for me often aren't worth it so wash-of-colour shadows are my fave! 

That's all for now,
Becky XOXO



7 comments:

  1. Would you say Naked Lunch and All that Glitters are too similar to buy both? I am slowly building up my MAC collection :P.
    Just subscribed, loving your blog so far!
    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo i hadn't thought about it! i've never looked at them and thought they were- but i'll take a closer look and let you know! It might be your best bet to check in store but to me that sounds like a great blog post idea so i could give you my thoughts there!?
      Thank you so much for reading and following- it means a lot :-)
      Becky xoxo

      Delete
  2. All That Glitters was my first ever MAC eyeshadow! I agree that the pinkish tint is a little off putting for the eyes but its actually quite an easy colour to wear!

    xo Courtney from StrawberreeSwing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how easy it was to wear! Not sure i'd go too much pinkier though!
      Thank you for following :)
      Becky xoxo

      Delete
  3. I haven't bought this because it looks way too similar to Naked Lunch, I think All That Glitters just has a darker peachier tone but I will definitely revisit this decision because it looks lovely on you!

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely swatch them both side by side to decide whether you need both. All that glitters is definitely more peachy, naked lunch is a bit more neutral! I think i got Naked Lunch from a "look in a box" that MAC do at airports as a present from my parents so thats how i ended up with both!
      Thanks for following!
      Becky xoxo

      Delete
  4. nice review! btw, I love your blog title! :)

    http://randomsofira.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete