Tuesday 21 August 2012

My skincare routine


Hi everyone,

Today i wanted to talk a little about skincare. My skincare routine may seem minimal but my skin is fussy (it didn't get on with the cult classic Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish- its that fussy!) I know how i like it to feel and how i like it to look so these are the products i use for my current skin care routine, though i don't switch it up that often! I have combination skin in case anyone is interested!

Step 1.) L'oreal gentle eye make-up remover

I've used this eye make-up remover religiously since i was in year 9 at school. That's about 6 years now. I go through a bottle once a month but its cheap as chips to buy- between £2-£3! It removes all my eye make-up and doesn't irritate my eyes at all! I've never wanted to stray away and try something new and i never will unless it is discontinued!

Step 2.) No. 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water


The newest addition to my skin care routine, replacing the Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion. It's much less messy to use than a cream cleanser, removes my make up effectively and easily and its about £9 to repurchase! The main deal breaker for me though was that my skin seems to agree with it! It's marketed at those with normal/ oily skin so if that's you i'd definitely recommend trying it! 

Step 3.) Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask


This is a great dupe for the Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser! It has the same white clayish texture but is a bit more creamy than the dermalogica cleanser! If you have oily skin clay cleansers can be great to sort the oil out! I give this product credit for sorting out my skin and reducing spots to give me clear skin (though there are 2 other products i give credit to that i mention later in this post!) I don't hear much about this product in the beauty world, though recently both Estee from Essiebutton and Sara from SWalkermakeup mention that they love this product too! I use it every evening but I used to use it in the mornings too when i wanted my skin sorting out!

Step 4.) Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser 


I prefer this moisturiser to Simple's light hydrating one and have used this for ages! I use it morning and night and Simple is a really inexpensive brand so you can't really go wrong! 

Step 5.) Dr Nick Lowe Dark Circles Correcting Cream 


When I remember I pat some of this into my orbital bone. It's pricey but i did notice a difference when i used it morning and night religiously for an extended period of time. 

*Worth a mention* 
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit facial wash & daily scrub

I used the facial wash morning and evening religiously when i decided i wanted to really sort my skin out (the bottle i have left is a little gross now so please ignore!) Before this i used the pricey Dermalogica clay cleanser i mentioned earlier so no longer believed in drugstore skin care but i became a poor student and so gave these a whirl! I used the scrub every couple of days and i did see a difference in my skin! I don't know if it's because my skin got on well with the products or because i began to wash my face in mornings but these products did blow me away. Though i will say i found that the facial wash did not lather very easily so i used it with the scrublett from the L'oreal perfect clean  range (mine is at uni so i can't show you in this post) which helped a lot so i'd definitely recommend that! 

So there you go, that's my skin care! Pretty simple I know but my skin's happy and I don't get breakouts very often so that's good enough for me! 

What skin care bits do you love? 
Becky xoxo



1 comment:

  1. i've got the same make-up remover and i use neutrogena visibly clear (Pink Grapefruit) everyday!

    ReplyDelete